14 Mar 2013

Apple and Cinnamon Cake



With the amount of sweet stuffs I bake, I was am worried about my hubby’s health, which is why I thought this time for his birthday I might bake a very simple and fat free cake for him.
I love the combination of apple and cinnamon. I have had loads of apple and cinnamon muffins but never a cake. So this time I thought of baking an apple and cinnamon cake for hubby’s bday, fat free style!!


Ingredients:
Flour/maida – 1 cup
Ground cinnamon – 2 tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Eggs – 2
Veg oil – 2 tbsp
Apples – 2 (peeled and chopped not more the size of a pea)
Youghurt – ¼ cup
Honey – 3 tbsp

Method:
Preheat oven to 200C. Grease your cake tin. 

Sieve together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt for a couple of times. Add sugar and apples and mix until they combine well.

In another bowl whisk together eggs, oil, yoghurt and honey.

Now gently fold the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. They might seem a bit difficult to combine but don’t worry, the mixture gets wetter as you keep combining them.

Pour the batter into your greased pan and bake for 30mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Let it cool. Best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Yum!!



No comments:

Post a Comment