23 Jan 2013

Carrot halwa




Now this is one of my favourite veg desserts! I used to love eating it as a child. As a child I grew up in mumbai and everytime my friends invite me over for Diwali or holi or any other occasions, this particular dish was always served.
You can actually use the normal orange carrots that you get in the market, but it actually tastes best when you use the red long carrots.

Ingredients:
Carrots - 4 long ones (I used the red ones)
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Cashew nuts - 3 tbsp (optional)
Ghee - 4 tbsp

Method:
Heat a non stick pan and add the ghee. Now add the carrots. Cover and cook until the carrots are done.

Once the carrots are done, add the milk and cook until the milk is evaporated. Now add the sugar and simmer for another 2 mins. Add in the cashew nuts (if you are adding them).

Turn off the heat and serve hot or cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment